Motherboard/Bios of an old ASUSTeK Computer INC. P2B REV

Thread: Motherboard/Bios of an old ASUSTeK Computer INC. P2B REV

Question Motherboard/Bios of an old ASUSTeK Computer INC. P2B REV

I have tried many (nth) sites to no avail...

I need to find the motherboard software for: Asustek 1997 (ASUS9712),
    # 8370D28312970 (?)
    Board (from BelArc): ASUSTeK Computer INC. P2B REV 1.XX
    Bus Clock: 100
    Bios: ASUS P2B ACPI

As it is, I have not modem connection, no network and each time I put the setting to 256 colours or high 16bits, it comes back to 16 colours.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Poulbot

What you're looking for are the drivers for the onboard components of your motherboard. You need to find the model number of the motherboard. It's silkscreened onto your motherboard somewhere and it'll probably take you a while to find the right thing. Best bet if you're not sure what you're looking for is to take the various numbers that you find on the motherboard and punch those into Google. From what you listed, it's an Asus motherboard which should help a little.

Good luck.
    Perseverance in all matters.

Motherboard Hide and Seek

Quote Originally Posted by Percy
    What you're looking for are the drivers for the onboard components of your motherboard. You need to find the model number of the motherboard. It's silkscreened onto your motherboard somewhere and it'll probably take you a while to find the right thing. Best bet if you're not sure what you're looking for is to take the various numbers that you find on the motherboard and punch those into Google. From what you listed, it's an Asus motherboard which should help a little.

Good luck.

Hello Percy,
    Thanks for your reply...So far, I have not be able to find those # and I do not want to take cards out to reach the place...It is an old PII 350 and it looks like some pre-pentium with very little space showing.However, tomorrow is a new day and I shall try again or maybe someone may have the motherboard CD to copy and e-mail...we shall see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poulbot
    Hello Percy,
    Thanks for your reply...So far, I have not be able to find those # and I do not want to take cards out to reach the place...It is an old PII 350 and it looks like some pre-pentium with very little space showing.However, tomorrow is a new day and I shall try again or maybe someone may have the motherboard CD to copy and e-mail...we shall see.

Thanks
    Download aida32 and post the results. It will tell us what devices are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Download aida32 and post the results. It will tell us what devices are installed.
    Another thing I don't use (like belerac advisor) ... isn't this another one of those 'I won't work right until I know the chipset' thingees ? (just checking as I don't use it )

You are right anyway its his video card driver we want (which we can find other places besides the motherboard cd) ... 'Percy' seems to be ahead of me & think its all onboard ? (I dunno I can't google it) could poulbot put me out of my misery & confirm ? (it ought to easy to see where the agp/pci video is coming out, if its next to pci slots & in the same 'direction', then its seperate).
    Last edited by confus-ed; March 21st, 2004 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Another thing I don't use (like belerac advisor) ... isn't this another one of those 'I won't work right until I know the chipset' thingees ? (just checking as I don't use it )

You are right anyway its his video card driver we want (which we can find other places besides the motherboard cd) ... 'Percy' seems to be ahead of me & think its all onboard ? (I dunno I can't google it) could poulbot put me out of my misery & confirm ? (it ought to easy to see where the agp/pci video is coming out, if its next to pci slots & in the same 'direction', then its seperate).
    Noo posted this a few weeks back and I find it much cleaner that belarc. Its pretty good about telling you the actual hardward id's (as compared to what windows thinks it is). My thought was that if poulbot can't/won't pull the cards to see what he's got, this would likely do the job.

Arrow

Fair do's then .. lets see if it can come up with some answers

I did post it true, but only after a few other people did.

The nice thing about aida32 is it interogates the video bios, so we get to find out what card is there, not what driver windows has (as you get with belarc).

Poulbot, your Asus P2B comes with an AGP slot, but not with a video card in it. Aida32 should tell us what the video card is, then we can get your driver.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

[QUOTE=NooNoo]I did post it true, but only after a few other people did. [QUOTE]
    I was hoping someone will say "Thank you!" to me for finding this useful util (written by Hungarian programmer)...
    Actually it was my former boss who first found that utility and shared with me long time ago...

And, by the way, how's about that another hardware utility called Astra: http://www.sysinfolab.com
    Last edited by Ruslan; March 22nd, 2004 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan
    I was hoping someone will say "Thank you!" to me for finding this useful util (written by Hungarian programmer)...
    Actually it was my former boss who first found that utility and shared with me long time ago...

And, by the way, how's about that another hardware utility called Astra: http://www.sysinfolab.com
    Well the second one I use all the time ! .. must have been a Hungarian tipped me off to that too - it's on my bookmark list .. two versions to get though .. one for DOS which Ruslan links to & the windows version here (which you could of found on Ruslan's link .. but I think its worth noting that there is a windows version 'seperate') ..

So thanks Ruslan for telling me I maybe ought to use Aida32 as well (I use my eyes/what's left of my brain mostly), & pointing out what I think is a very handy utility ..

[QUOTE=Ruslan][QUOTE=NooNoo]I did post it true, but only after a few other people did.

Well I'm more than happy to gives thanks where they are due.

[QUOTE=Ruslan][QUOTE=NooNoo]I did post it true, but only after a few other people did.

Hi Ruslan, I thought it was you, but I couldn't be sure, and rather than mention a name and get it wrong I just said "someone" - I could have said anyone!

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."